A Personal Website Yes or No?
Type A: NO I Do Not Need A Personal Website &
Type B: YES I Need A Personal Website Now – Which Type Are You?
Branding demands commitment; commitment to continual re-invention; striking chords with people to stir their emotions; and commitment to imagination. It is easy to be cynical about such things, much harder to be successful.”
– Sir Richard Branson
Type A – You Do Not Need or Want a Personal Website
Is this YOU?
1. You think the Internet is a passing trend, there is no need for this thing to have your name on it – what for ?why on earth should you be mentioned anywhere online?
2. You believe Personal Websites are for those with a low self esteem
3. You are a private person and you want to keep it that way
4. You choose to write letters to people .. its old fashioned and quaint people can wait to hear what you have to say of course!
5. A paper resume is all you need
6. Your area of expertise is so small that you are the only one doing it – ( you alphabetize paper clips)
7. You don’t believe in Social Media its far to invasive
8. If somebody helps you, you feel responsible to help them ….it’s too much pressure..
9. You like it that no one knows you or what you do
10. You don’t like people
11. You don’t like communicating..
12. You don’t understand Why People need help
13. You don’t have many friends – they take too much work
14. You don’t plan on doing anything different with your life
15. You can’t see the job market changing anytime soon
16. The future will be very much like the present – nothing really changes
17. You plan on specialising further and doing less
18. You would rather cut your costs than earn more money
19. You have no ambition you like the status quo
20. Change is abhorrent to you
21. Problem solving is for those that have problems
22. Critical thinking requires work
23. You like following rules – they are there to be followed
24. You like the way things are why change them?
25. You don’t understand innovation – is it just to make people feel important?
26. Once you have a job then you are set
27. You will always have the job you have
28. Companies want people to stay forever
29. Companies like people who don’t rock the boat
30. You believe there is power in anonymity..
29 Reason not to Personal Brand seems like enough reasons..
Are these your Reasons for not choosing to establish your Personal website the secret weapon of successful peopl? If so we wish you well..
You are Type A – Does not need or want a Personal Website
The above describes a person who is an anti –social hermit with no ambition and no interest in the world or people surrounding him/her. That believes life will always be the way it is right now, who cannot see the power of online communication and its power to launch a career or business to the world to offer helpful solutions to problems people seek to answer.
A person who has no interest in growing her/his skills that does not need people and does not want to be needed, who believes he/she will always be employed and employable. A person that hates
change and growth, but would rather get smaller and do less and learn less than grow and evolve, who wants to stay hidden from the world in fact may even prefer not to be a part of the world but rather stand on the outside and walk alone.
Is this You?
Are you Type B? – Believes in a Personal Website = You are Your own Business
If the 29 Reason above do not sync with you then maybe this describes you
You may well be considering ramping up Your Personal Brand via your own website and establishing yourself as an independent digitally fluent business unit to collaborate with other businesses or people for the duration of a business purpose.
You are eager to learn and grow, you are open to the challenges of learning new skills, of helping to solve problems for people, of finding solutions and loves change, one who questions the way things are and one that offers an alternate way of doing things.
A person who is disruptive and wants more, who cannot stand still for long, someone who seeks a great work life balance who values people above all else, who thrives on communicating and sharing ideas and thoughts, who is happy to listen and learn. A Person who likes collaborating to find a solution or a purpose, who is driven to succeed and be your best self then maybe aPersonal Website is for you.
Are you Type A r B??
If You find you are Type B then we can help get Your Personal Website online and get you ready for an awesome future.
If You are Type A – You don’t want our help and we wish you well..
It’s important to build a personal brand because it’s the only thing you’re going to have.Your reputation online, and in the new business world is pretty much the game, so you’ve got to be a good person. You can’t hide anything, and more importantly, you’ve got to be out there at some level.
– Gary Vaynerchuk